Enroll at the Institute of Holistic Phyto-Aromatherapy and become a Certified Aromatherapist.
Why choose the Institute for essential oil classes?
Enrolled students have direct access to our all-inclusive program:
- Live streaming or on-site instruction.
- Interact with Teacher & Students in real time.
- Exclusive video learning library.
- Private instructor supervised community forum.
- Pre-printed tactile curriculum. (No endless downloads)
- Video replay available for missed classes.
Don't take this journey alone!
The Institute provides active support and mentoring throughout your learning journey necessary to gain a solid aromatherapy foundation.
How does the course work?
- Join in on the Institute's VIRTUAL weekly class instruction.
- Prepare your assigned homework independently.
- Take advantage of related videos in the library.
- Rejoin the class to review assignments and observe student presentations and evaluations. (Live/Virtual)
- Take advantage of group discussions on recommended reading materials.
- Participate monthly Q&A Sessions. (Live/Virtual)
- Participate in online student forum.
You will be able to interact with student and teachers in real time from the comfort of your own home. Traditional online classes can lack clarity, support and the mentorship needed to gain a proper understanding, to be an effective therapist. In person classes are great, but can be very costly, and require time away from home and family.
The Institute's live streaming, virtual instruction accommodates the growing demand for students worldwide. And caters to those with schedules that do not allow the option to participate in classroom instruction. Supporting a variety of learning styles. Creating a unique, effective and dynamic learning experience.
Who can benefit from the certified aromatherapist program?
Essential Oil Enthusiasts
It is designed to benefit the essential oil enthusiasts, with a passion for aromatic knowledge, seeking to improve the overall health and wellness of their family.
The program gives careful, detailed attention to the skill needed to make therapeutic preparations for support wellness as well as recovery from illness.
Emerging Aromatherapy Enthusiasts
The curriculum is designed for emerging professionals, with a desire to enter the field of Aromatherapy as a new career or business.
It includes careful direction in organic cosmetic formulation, designing safe body products that support wellness, and contributing to an overall healthy lifestyle.
The Institutes Core Curriculum Certification Program Includes:
- 50 Essential Oil Profiles
- Introduction to the History of Essential Oils & Aromatherapy
- Methods of Extraction
- Quality of Essential Oils
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Methods of Absorption
- Body Systems
- Methods For Creating Effective Blends
- Data Sheets For Each Oil
- Developing Effective Client Protocol
- Essential Oil Safety & Contraindications For Various Methods of Application
- Carrier Oils
- Methods Of Application
- Essential Oil Energetics
- Aromatic Chemistry & Botany
- Essential Oil Chemistry
- Effective Consultation Skills
- Legal and Ethical Responsibilities
- Business Development & Branding Guidance & Support
- Ethics In Aromatherapy
- GCMS Essential Oil Chemistry Reports
- A Private Resource Guide of Products & Services
- Case Studies
- A Research Project
You will learn to:
- Formulate Organic Body Products
- Lotions & Creams
- Respiratory Inhalers
- Therapeutic Bath Salts & Teas
- Room Sprays
- Lip Balms
- First Aid Kits & Travel Kits
- Balms, Body Butters, Salves
- Therapeutic Massage Oil Blends
- Body Oil & Bath Oil Blends
- Salt Scrubs
- Hydrosols how to make & use therapeutically
- Flower Essences, how to make & use therapeutically
- Herbal Infusions & Tinctures
- & much more
In order to receive your certificate of completion from the Institute, qualifying you as a Certified Aromatherapist, students must complete the following:
- 20 Case Studies
- 8-10 Page Research Paper
- Final Exam
- Complete the 1 of the online A & P Course & Final Exam
- Tuition paid in full
If at some point you find you have been absent or know in advance that you will be absent. You will need to make up all missed classroom time and required materials and assignments. You may not miss more than 1 full day and receive your certificate. Please keep lines of communication open, in regards to any proposed absence.
There are no advanced qualifications. The Institute offers an entry level certification class, in which you will become qualified to appropriately advise on the therapeutic use of essential oils, product formulation, and appropriate methods of application. One all elements of your ACP have been completed, including the anatomy and physiology requirements, you will become officially certified. If you have previous anatomy & physiology training, you may opt to take the final exam for credit.
Your class blending supplies are not included in the program. Feel free to use your own supplies or purchase them from your vendor of choice. You may, however, choose to purchase a kit from one of our approved vendors. It will include everything you will need to complete your program, (essential oils, carrier oils, containers, and more) in one convenient package. Purchasing the kit is completely optional. You may begin your class prior to purchasing supplies. However, you will need some supplies to complete your case studies, which are required to become certified.
After completing your certification you may consider:
- Opening a Professional Practice in your home or private or shared office space.
- Add aromatherapy to an already existing business, such as massage therapy or acupuncture or other forms of complementary alternative therapies. Professional Spa Consultant, training therapist, in-house consultation, product formulation.
- Create a retail product or line. Sell online, farmers markets, or in stores.
- Create a retail establishment.
- Graduate from the Institute with the working tools to start your own aromatherapy business.
Upon completion of the ACP program, you will qualify to sit for the Aromatherapy Registration Council (ARC) exam.
Become a Certified Aromatherapist!
Or, if you still aren't sure if aromatherapy is right for you, sign up for our free class!